I, on the other hand, am neither exclusively sweet or savory: I'm just a 'food' lover, I'm not prejudice- I love it all.
So, here are some savory dips for your nibbles and as I'm on a
Low Fat Dips
- Can be used next day or two
- None I can think of! If I was being picky, you may have to fiddle with amounts until it suits your taste e.g. more/ less garlic.
Very Low Fat Houmous:
- 1 tsp lemon juice (fresh if you have it but store cupboard squeezy if not)
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt to taste
- 1 level table spoon Tahini
- Chick peas- 1 400g can
- Cook chick peas according to instructions (normally boil for 5 mins)
- Put all other ingredients into blender, add a couple of table spoons of water and chick peas. For ease, I just add ingredients to pan used for chick peas and blend with a hand blender. Done!
Note: this tastes better with added extras, I like: fried red onion (fry using 1 calorie spray), chilli flakes, pesto, shredded beetroot, peri peri sauce etc. Yummy.
Virtually fat free Yogurt Dips:
(Great as salad dressing too)
- Salt and pepper
- Mint (or other herb you love)
Are you ready for the most patronising instructions ever? Here goes...
- Add a few tablespoons of yogurt to two separate bowls (or more if you want to make a lot)
- Chop around 8 slices of cucumber into small squares, put half in each bowl
- Add around 1 tablespoon of mint (or preferred herb) to one bowl and 1 clove of garlic to the other
- Season to taste
- Boom! Done- told you it was simple.
Lovely with salad, vegetable batons, in sandwiches etc. A great guilt free snack. Would love to hear about yours. x