Despite seeming a bit fancy, this is stupidly quick and easy to make: five ingredients and about 15 minutes cooking time total including prep.
- Pork medallions
- Couscous (I used a Mediterranean flavour I happened to have in the pantry)
- Maple syrup (or glaze, we actually used golden syrup in maple flavour as that's what I had in!)
- Pomegranate seeds
- Fresh mint
- Glaze uncooked pork with syrup and place in a griddle pan (I didn't bother leaving it to marinade although you could)
- Cook pork as normal, applying another layer of syrup each time you flip it
- Cook couscous according to instructions (in our case, add boiling water, cover for five minutes and then separate with fork)
- Sprinkle pomegranate and mint over couscous, add the pork and sprinkle another topping of pomegranate and mint
And that's all! Really tasty, quick and a bit fancy which makes it ideal to serve to mid-week guests.
Steve is away this weekend and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pretty excited to have a chilled weekend with just me, the boy and the bump! Happy Friday folks- we made it!