Tuesday 11 September 2012

Easy peasy very meaty meat loaf

This isn't my cup of tea as I eat very little meat but as Steve and Ben are avid carnivores, I thought I'd have a go at this simple meatloaf suggested by my Slimming World group. Steve had it hot and declared it very tasty but apparently it's great cold too so my plan is to use it in packed lunches.




You need:
Sausages
Bacon
Chicken Breasts
Low cal oil (I use Fry Light)
A loaf tin

1. Spray the loaf tin lightly with Fry Light and then line with bacon

2.Take sausages out of skins and mash with hands/ fork in a bowl
3. Cut chicken breasts in half so the depth of them is thinner
4. Layer the sausage mix thinly, then cover with a thin layer of chicken. Repeat until the loaf tin is almost full.


5.Once you've added the final layer (it doesn't matter whether it's chicken or sausage), wrap the bacon around the top. Mine didn't quite cover the whole top so I just added a slice down the middle.
6. Pop in oven for 35 minutes at 190.
7. At this point, remove and pour out any juices, then pop it back in the oven for a final 15 minutes.


8. Done! Remove and eat hot and/or leave some to cool and have it cold. 

I like this as I can decide the type of meat etc I buy (in this case low fat as Steve is watching his weight) but you could also jazz it up (for example adding cranberries).

There you go, easy peasy but very meaty meat loaf. Enjoy.xxx

PS- Gizzy actually pinched this off the bench after I took this photo! Once a kennel dog always a kennel dog (I make this excuse even though we've had him over ten years)!









4 comments:

  1. This is right up my husband's alley! Too funny about Gizzy turning thief {though one could hardly blame him!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blog! xo.
    Meg

    www.forallthingslovelymr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a big meat eater, either...but this still looks so yummy! :)

    http://lifeatruestory4.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks great!

    www.davonglisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete