The Beauty Hero Rules:
1. I have to have used the item for over six months
2. The item must have been re-purchased at least once
You can revisit the purpose of the quest and number 1-3 here.
Soap and Glory
Recognisable by their distinctive packaging, Soap and Glory products are an absolute winner with me as they generally do what they say and smell edible (literally, there are moments where I have had to stop myself having a little lick/nibble)! I couldn't pick one product from their range as I have re-bought almost everything I've bought/ been given. That said, I would NOT recommend their cosmetics- the company's bread and
- The Righteous Butter (body butter)
- Sugar Scrub (above)
- Glow lotion (for a subtle shimmer)
- Easy Glistening (gorgeous spray I use lightly on legs)
- One Night Tanned (a spray on instant self tan that works best when blended with a tanning mitt and a little moisturiser)
Barry M Nail Polish
In terms of quality, I would say that Barry M polishes are comparable to Jessica or Nails Inc but the reason they achieve 'hero' status is that they are half the price of such polishes and offer a fantastic range of fashion forward colours. At around £4 a bottle (and often less with 3 for 2 offers etc), they offer fantastic value for money and reasonable longevity. As well as the usual colours, they also offer a range of nail art polishes but although I've experimented with these in the past, they just aren't my cup of tea (I feel that anything beyond a splash of glitter looks a little contrived). Colours I've repurchased (can't remember exact names) are: lilac, navy, a murky brown, a plum and what I call a 'tarty' red!
As ever, I'd love to hear all about your beauty heroes.xxx