Wednesday 7 March 2012

Going Potty!

This week has been manic! Monday we had Steve's uncle over for dinner, yesterday Steve's mum was over (and bought me the sweet jug below), tonight I was at fat fighters Slimming World (I'd stayed the same this week which is a miracle considering the food consumed over the weekend), tomorrow we're at the ballet for date night and then Friday my mum is over for dinner as my dad is climbing in Spain- phew!
In half-term we went pottery painting and (being the organised person I am), I just got round to collecting the finished pieces at the weekend. I went with my two friends and their little ones, despite us paying to paint the pottery, the kids played for ages with a small box of toys in the corner- ain't that always the way?
I was lucky enough to feed the beautiful Jose (my friend's newest edition), who is just one of the most placid, happy babies I've ever met!
I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me a touch broody! I'm sure I wouldn't have felt that way if she'd squawked her pretty head off the whole time but she was a dream. Ben also had a taste of what it would be like to have an younger brother or sister...
He coped admirably- bless him. I think he was worn out when we got home though. 

Soooooo, what did the final things come out like?
I painted a simple pattern on a mug with 'Sanderson Smith' and some hearts/ kisses on whereas Ben opted for a funky car. It was a fun day and Hotpotz- link! do adult-only evening sessions... which might be nice for next time.


It's Wednesday folks- well done for surviving half way!



2 comments:

  1. I love painting pottery. It just makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful being able to paint and create something beautiful and useful as well. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete