Sunday 24 June 2012

The best laid plans... Father's Day

I had Father's Day all planned out: we would go to the cinema, then on a steam train ride and finally into Newcastle for lunch. But no. The universe had other plans.


We arrived at the cinema to locked doors, I can only assume that I got the times wrong. It was too early to go on the steam train so we decided to head straight to Newcastle- but it was so early everything was shut! Well, by now I was in a right stroppy mood! Everything I had planned was going wrong and I started doing that 'Grrrr, why is everything against me today...?' negative train of thought thing.


So, Steve suggested we get a coffee while we waited for things to open. We sat, we laughed, we talked. All seemed right with the world again. We grabbed some noodle and some tasty treats, we floated round the shops, did nothing in particular- but just had an uber relaxed day.




It was a day where you realise that sometimes it doesn't matter if things don't go to plan and really, there's no point in stressing the small stuff. There are other things that are more important, like who you chose to spend your life with. I'm glad it's these guys.

Hope you all had a lovely day (and sorry I'm a week late in passing on good wishes).xxx




8 comments:

  1. Great pics!

    *Sheinside giveaway on my blog*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesson learned & day well spent-- looks like yummies were had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lessons like that is what makes the moments even more special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, your men look so cute together. Don't you hate when it feels like nothing is going right and you get yourself all worked up before you realize it's not the end of the world after all? In the end it looks like a great day was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh I used to get so wound up if things like this happened. I'd actually fall out with myself and then there'd be no turning back. I realised eventually life is what we make it and with a bit of positivity we can turn a bad situation into something good. Glad you managed to turn it round and have a great day. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very much a planner too, and I can get uptight. Good lesson here! Gotta slow down and relax sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with this, it looks like you had a fab day afterall xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am such a planner, so this sounds very familiar. My husband is very spontaneous, so we tend to balance each other out! Sounds like your day went well, despite the change in plans!

    ReplyDelete